Playing with Essential Oils and My New Mold

I was passing by The Vitamin Shoppe today and decided to stop in and pick up some essential oils. They had a VERY limited selection. Although, the nice man who worked there told me that by the end of the summer they would be fully stocked with a ton more choices. I guess this has been a big seller for them so they decided to carry more oils - which is good for me :)

I picked up: Clove bud, Lemon, Orange, Tea Tree and Patchouli. I thought I picked up a Lavender, but when I got home I didn't see this in my bag. Bummer. So, here are my initial reactions to these oils.


CLOVE:  Okay...let me preface this by telling you that our family uses ground cloves in the glaze we use when we make ham. So this fragrance made me hungry for a ham sandwich! Seriously though...this is probably one of my favorite fragrances because it reminds me of when I was a little girl and my Mom would be cooking in the kitchen in the fall.







LEMON:  Who doesn't like the smell of lemons??? This particular one is a little sweet smelling. But, it makes me energized and gives me that clean feeling.










ORANGE:  I love orange scents, so this one is right up my alley. I think this will go well with the clove.










TEA TREE:  I have to say smelling this out of the bottle has me a little underwhelmed. It's very medicine smelling and not like the tea tree products I've smelled in the stores. But, I'll give it a chance because I know what it can do.









PATCHOULI:  Y U C K!!!!  Why in the heck is this one so popular among soapers and those who buy soaps???? It smells moldy - like a 60's throwback kind of smell. Interestingly enough, my husband said the last time he smelled this smell it was in a few of his frat buddies rooms. Yeah...you know what I'm talking about :)  But again...there must be a reason this is so popular so I'm hoping once I actually get it into soaps it will smell better.




Oh!  And I received a new mold today from Alissa Barnett at New York Scent. Yes....I'm totally in love with this mold and can't wait to make some beautiful floral soaps with it! Each cavity is hand sized. This means that each soap will fit easily into the palm which I love.



  


Here's her business card she sent along with the mold. I plan on checking out her site here soon.







2 comments

Unknown May 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Hi Julie! Glad you were able to get some EO's! Tea Tree is really powerful, but mixed with Lavender EO, it is fabulous! Love your new mold... too cute!

Julie Boesen May 15, 2015 6:54 PM

Thanks Janelle! I am so bummed I didn't pick up the Lavender when I had the chance!!! I'm thinking about placing a big EO order with WSP to stock up on some of these for bath bombs and soaps. Excited to try out the new mold! Maybe some Castille soap is in order?

Post a Comment