Bubblegum EXPLOSION - the cut

I was excited when I got home from work today because today is the day I wanted to cut my soap. It's been a full 24 hours and I used sodium lactate, so I assumed everything was going to be hunky dory. Until.....


GAWH!!!! What is this weeping??? Is it fo or lye? I put a taste of it to my mouth expecting fully to be zapped. Nope...it's the fragrance oil. *PHEW*. So, I wiped it up and felt the sides. Hard, so it was time to cut this and see how it turned out!




As you can see, I turned the soap over and cut it from the bottom. This is because the mica in oils I put on the top were migrating to the inside of the soap where I didn't want it. So far so good! No sweating from the MP on the embeds inside.





The soap was a little too soft to cut. I'll wait a few days for them to harden up and then it's time to clean them up and let them cure. Next time I'll wait another 12-24 hours before I cut. But...have a peek at the mica oils on the top! Really turned out cute!!


Post a Comment