Bubble Bars - Our First Attempt!

My son and I decided to make some bubble bars for our trip up to the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Because they take about a week to fully harden (or so I hear), we made them today.

After searching online for a recipe, I found two good ones. One I had all the ingredients for and the other, although said to be better, I didn't. So, I made Soap Queen's recipe for bubble bars with a little change. Instead of 7.5 oz of glycerin, I only used 6.5 oz. We also put them in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes to begin drying them out faster.

My son picked out the colors and the order in which they would go. I think he made a really fun choice! He also helped to mix everything together with gloves on, of course. It was like working with really smushy playdoh. But, I think for a first attempt we did a pretty good job! We scented these with Fruit Loops FO from WSP.


Tomorrow it will be bath bomb day! Almost ready with all my goodies for the trip!

Post a Comment