I am in love with this soap! Batch #4

This soap was a recipe that I read on soapmakingforum.com. The soaper said this was by far the most luxurious soap she’d ever felt. PERFECT, this is totally what I’m after! So…I decided to give this a try. I also decided to try soaping with goat milk. I’ve read so many wonderful things about it and how it gives soaps such a creamy richness. I headed to WalMart and bought this:

It’s evaporated milk so I wasn’t quite sure whether or not this would work, but it’s the can I’ve seen tons of soapers use on YouTube and on their blogs. So, I bit the bullet and gave it a try. I know that some soapers freeze their goat milk and use to dissolve their lye with. I decided against this for my first try because I’ve read about so many people burning the milk because the lye got too heated. Instead, I opted for a 25% goat milk soap. I dissolved the lye in water (discounting 25% for my goat milk) and set it aside.
I then mixed my oils and let them cool to around 100 degrees. I added my goat milk directly into the oils and then stick blended for a moment or two in order to incorporate them together. Then I added the lye water to the oil and goat milk mixture and stick blended. Trace was accelerated by the goat milk.
I separated the batch into two and used green apple mica to color one half and left the other half plain. I then poured the batters into my oval soap molds. I tried to do some different designs in each, but when your mold is only 5oz, it’s hard to really get creative. Here are my soaps in the mold:

These were able to be unmolded the next morning easily.
UPDATE:  These are AMAZING bars of soap!!! The goat milk seems to increase the bubbles somehow and I love how creamy it feels. I gave a bar to my sister to try and she said “THE SOAP IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!  Never had anything like it before.   So creamy-- I just l love it!” I suppose this recipe is a winner so far!

Post a Comment