Lesson Learned - Lavender Buds Look Like Rat Turds

For this batch I thought it would be fun to include some of the little extras that Nurture Soaps included with my mica and mold shipment. I got a little pack of these.


When I opened this little zip lock bag and inhaled the sweet smell of pure lavender, I was determined to make a lavender soap bar and use these little beauties inside the batter for additional appeal. I also wanted to try out a silky recipe that I found online that included sweet almond oil. I decided to use up the little bit of lavender oil I had laying around from Young Living.


So, I put this essential oil into the batter once it reached trace. No acceleration - that's good! Then I added some of the lavender buds. Ahhhh...still smells heavenly!!! I took this picture and that's when it hit me....the buds look a lot like rat turds.



I poured it into the molds and let it sit overnight. It was still pretty soft when I unmolded it - patience is not my strong suit!!! And indeed...the rat turds remained. 

UPDATE:  The scent seems to be fading on this batch and the rat turds HURT when you try to use this soap! Lesson learned....although this botanical smells and looks amazing when first added...it doesn't feel good on the skin. Now this soap has become my new foot scrubbing soap :) 

Post a Comment